Marriage licenses are filed in the Official Records Division of the Clerk’s Office. This division is located on the first floor of the Kim C. Hammond Justice Center, 1769 E. Moody Blvd, Bldg 1, Bunnell, FL 32110. You may contact this division by calling by calling 386-313-4360 or via our contact form.
Marriage License Application Information
|Marriage License Fee||86.00|
|Marriage License with Premarital Course||61.00|
|Cost of Ceremony||30.00|
- Couple must personally come into the Flagler County Clerk of Circuit Courts – Recording Division located in the Kim C. Hammond Justice Center between the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Valid Photo ID is REQUIRED (Driver’s license, state issued ID card or valid Passport)
- To shorten the application process, you may complete the Marriage License application online by clicking here. All questions must be completed; any omissions may delay the application process. Upon completion of this form, the couple must personally come into our office and complete the remaining paperwork.
- Florida Statutes require the couple to read the Florida Bar Family Law Handbook (Spanish Edition), which is available for viewing by clicking on the preceding link.
- Couple must sign an affidavit, under oath, stating they have read the handbook and whether or not they have completed a premarital preparation course. If they have completed a course, they must provide the original certificate from the course provider in order to receive a discount on the fee and waive the statutory 3-day waiting period. All area premarital course providers must be registered with the Flagler County Clerk of Circuit Courts Recording Division. View our listing of the registered Pre-Marital Course Providers.
- There is a 3-day waiting period if the premarital preparation course has not been completed. (Non-Florida residents are exempt).
- Couple must supply personal information, i.e. Name, date and place of birth, Social Security Number or Alien Registered Documentation Number, number of marriages, exact date last marriage ended and why . Valid Photo ID (Driver’s License, State issued ID card or Valid Passport) is REQUIRED.
- License is valid for 60 days from issuance date and may be used anywhere in the State of Florida. The license shows both the effective date and the expiration date.
- Should you wish to be married at the Kim C. Hammond Justice Center, the cost for us to perform the ceremony is $30.00. Appointments are available between the hours of 8:30 – 11:30 am and 1:30 – 3:30 pm. NO APPOINTMENTS will be scheduled between 11:30 am and 1:30 pm. Please contact our office (386-313-4360) to set up an appointment. When applying for your Marriage License, you can make an appointment at that time also.
License is to be returned to the clerk’s office within 10 days after the ceremony. Please be sure person performing the ceremony completes item number 21 through 25. It can be hand delivered or mailed to the following address:
FLAGLER COUNTY CLERK OF CIRCUIT COURTS
KIM C HAMMOND JUSTICE CENTER
ATTN: RECORDING DEPT
1769 E. MOODY BLVD, BLDG 1
BUNNELL, FL 32110
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do both parties have to be present at the Clerk’s Office to apply for a license?
- Do we have to have a blood test to apply for a license?
- No. Blood tests for marriages in Florida are not required.
- Do one or both of the marriage license applicants have to be American citizens?
- No. There is no citizenship requirement.
- How long is a marriage license valid?
- Florida marriage licenses are valid for 60 days from the date of issue. The license must be returned to the Clerk’s Office for recording within 10 days after the marriage is performed. The completed license may be hand delivered or mailed to:
- Recording Division
The Flagler County Clerk of Court
Kim C. Hammond Justice Center
1769 E. Moody Blvd, Bldg 1
Bunnell, FL 32110
- Recording Division
- How much does it cost to get a license?
- The total cost for a license (including county and state fees) is $86.00. However, couples who have attended an approved premarital preparation class pay only $61.00. The provider has to be on a provider list of Pre-Marital Course Providers pursuant to Florida Statute 741.0305(5).
- Do I have to pay the Marriage License Fee in cash?
- You may pay with cash, check or credit card (convenience fee applied).
- How much does it cost for a certified copy of a marriage certificate?
- One complimentary certified copy is provided as part of the marriage license fee. Additional certified copies may be obtained for a fee of $3.00 each ($1.00 per copy plus $2.00 for certification).
- Can I marry outside the State of Florida with a Florida marriage license?
- No. You can only use a Florida Marriage License in the State of Florida.
- Who is authorized to solemnize a matrimony in the State of Florida?
- Clerks of the Circuit Court (of this state)-including their Deputy Clerks in performance of duties under the Clerk, a Notary Public (of this state), All active or retired Judicial officers (of this state), All regularly ordained ministers of gospel or elders in communion with some church or other ordained clergy. Any marriage which may be had & solemnized among the people called “Quakers” or “Friends”-in manner & form used or practiced in their societies.
- Who is NOT authorized to solemnize a matrimony in the State of Florida?
- Active or retired Judicial Officers from other states; Active or retired Clerks of the Circuit Court from other states; and Notary Public’s from other states.