Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller Tom Bexley was elected as Flagler Counties Clerk in November, 2016. Prior to taking office, he was the Flagler County Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller’s Chief Operations Officer for seven years. Prior to his employment with the Office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller, Tom spent the majority of his professional career in the personal lines insurance industry.
Tom is a fifth generation Floridian and was raised locally in Northern Volusia County. He earned his undergraduate degree at Flagler College where he received his bachelor’s degree in Public Administration.
Under Tom’s leadership as Chief Operations Officer, the Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller’s Office continues to realize a cultural shift in technology. Flagler County records maintained by the Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller’s Office are far safer and more accessible online than ever before. Understanding the importance of keeping Flagler County’s records safe, Tom implemented a disaster recovery plan that includes maintaining a data recovery center at the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta’s Jacksonville Office. Without Tom’s leadership, the disaster recovery plan would not have been a reality in time for Hurricane Matthew.
- Rotary Club of Flagler County
- Board of Directors for Crime Stoppers of North East Florida; Incoming President
- Flagler County Habitat for Humanity; Vice-President
Accomplishments as Chief Deputy
- Enhanced the work flow between the Clerk’s office and the Judiciary.
- Implemented a disaster recovery plan for all Clerk related systems and the County’s financial systems which were executed during Hurricane Matthew.
- Implemented online and over the phone payments.
- Implemented cross departmental training for Electronic Juror Response.
- Implemented eFIling in courts.
- Implemented eRecording of land records.