Pay Grade 103 ($25.82 – $32.51)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Under the general direction of the Chief Financial Officer; performing professional accounting work involving independent application of accounting skills to the general accounting of funds or to an assigned phase of the County’s accounting program.
Examples of Work Performed: (Note: The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.)
- Maintains controls and performs balancing operations on a large number of accounting activities.
- Prepares in-depth fiscal analyses.
- Conducts special studies and makes recommendations.
- Analyzes accounting functions to determine their legality, propriety, and effectiveness.
- Recommends changes to accounting procedures and assists in the development of new accounting procedures.
- Must work the days and hours necessary to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks.
- Abides by all internal policies and work procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (Note: Additional knowledge, skills and abilities may be applicable for individual positions.)
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of methods of data collection.
- Ability to prepare financial statements and reports.
- Ability to design and implement accounting systems.
- Ability to prepare and maintain a variety of accounting records.
- Ability to analyze and interpret accounting data.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures relating to an accounting program.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
Office Technology Culture: A general understanding and working knowledge of traditional business systems including Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook is strongly recommended. Embraces emerging technology enthusiastically and expresses the willingness to observe, learn and enhance existing electronic processes.
Minimum Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting and five years of professional accounting experience; or a master’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Government Finance Officer (CGFO) or Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO).
Physical Demands: (Note: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Walking, standing, or sitting for an extended period of time.
- Requires some stooping, lifting, kneeling, and bending.
- Intermittently twist to reach equipment or supplies surrounding desk.
- Perform simple grasping and fine manipulation.
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
Working Conditions: Performs duties in a standard office environment maintaining a pleasant atmosphere at all times.
The duties as described herein summarize the predominant responsibilities of the job position, but are not to be considered a detailed description. This is not a contract for employment. The individual in this position is subject to all policies and procedures of the Flagler Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller’s Office.