The Clerk’s Office embraces emerging technology enthusiastically and the Technology Services Team provides the technology platform, software solutions, and technical support across our various business units. We are the key department responsible for the successful delivery of software and hardware solutions while ensuring the ongoing support and training of our office, partners, and constituents.
Network Specialists focus their day-to-day on providing proactive support to our employees primarily in-person. This requires supporting various hardware and troubleshooting specialized line-of-business networking and infrastructure equipment; so, you will need to be technically focused and detail oriented. Network Specialists work in a fast pace but enjoyable environment supporting the high availability of our technology platform for our line-of-business applications.
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide onsite network troubleshooting.
- Provide onsite and remote support for network equipment.
- Ensure a complete and timely solution is provided for common network issues.
- Support of network connectivity to end-user devices.
- Support of the virtualization platforms and infrastructure.
- Support of network connectivity to end-user devices and basic network port activations.
- Participating in projects with the entire Technology Services team.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
- Basic knowledge of basic network troubleshooting and networking terminology.
- Basic knowledge of networking equipment (Juniper a plus) and virtualization.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows).
- Knowledge of the Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Knowledge of the Apple Operations Systems (iOS and macOS).
- High School diploma or equivalent. Associate’s degree or higher is preferred.
- Ability to interact professionally and maintain effective working relationship with supervisors, co-workers, government officials and the general public.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, automated environment with many interruptions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
THE DEMANDS (PHYSICAL DEMANDS)
Note: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Walking, standing, or sitting for an extended period.
- Requires some stooping, lifting, kneeling, and bending.
- Intermittently twist to reach equipment or supplies surrounding desk.
- Perform simple grasping and fine manipulation.
- Lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
The duties as described herein summarize the predominant responsibilities of the job position but are not to be considered a detailed description. This is not a contract for employment. The individual in this position is subject to all policies and procedures of the Flagler County Clerk of Court’s Office.