Pay Grade 38 ($39,728 – $49,192)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Flagler County Clerk Of The Circuit Court & Comptroller
Under the general direction of the Chief Financial Officer; performing a variety of clerical, bookkeeping, accounting, and administrative work in accomplishing the financial functions of the Clerk’s Office.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Uses the principles and practices of bookkeeping and their application to accounting transactions.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of accounting related registers, journals, ledgers, accounts, and similar documents.
- Compiles accurate and timely statistics, reports, schedules, and other data as needed for audit purposes.
- Ability to assist Chief Financial Officer on special projects, process non-routine requests.
- Assists Chief Financial Officer in the recommendation and implementation of procedures to improve the efficiency and productivity of the Finance Department.
- Makes decisions in accordance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and policies.
- Recognizes, analyzes, and communicates varied financial problems to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Understands basic fiscal practices and budgetary constraints.
- Prepares and reviews financial documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Uses analytical skills to verify information from complex data.
- Maintains the accounting records for the Clerk of Courts Office and the Board of County Commissioners.
- Prepares correspondence, as assigned, by review of Chief Financial Officer.
- Accurately enters data into a specialized computer software application program.
- Provides assistance to staff and public as required.
- Responds promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence and faxes.
- Uses standard office practices and procedures.
- Abides by all internal policies and work procedures.
- Attends seminars or other required training to enhance job knowledge.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in computer principles, techniques, and procedures including the operating principles and characteristics of information systems, and associated hardware and software utilized.
- Knowledge of computer applications involving word processing, spreadsheets, data entry, and standard report generation.
- Ability to perform duties with little supervision.
- Ability to use a calculator accurately and efficiently.
- Knowledge of image processing technology.
- Knowledge of accounts payable functions.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Working skill in verbal and/or written communication.
- Ability to apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to multi-task, and is detail oriented, accurate and organized.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to speak fluent English.
Office Technology Culture: Embraces emerging technology enthusiastically and expresses the willingness to observe, learn and enhance existing electronic processes. A general understanding and working knowledge of standard business systems including Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook is strongly recommended.
Minimum Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting with three years or more of previous accounting experience; or a high school diploma and seven or more years of previous governmental accounting experience with an emphasis in the accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll functions.
Physical Demands: (Note: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Walking, standing, or sitting for an extended period of time.
- Requires some stooping, lifting, kneeling, and bending.
- Intermittently twist to reach equipment or supplies surrounding desk.
- Perform simple grasping and fine manipulation.
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
Working Conditions: Performs duties in a standard office environment maintaining a pleasant atmosphere at all times.
The duties as described herein summarize the predominant responsibilities of the job position, but are not to be considered a detailed description. This is not a contract for employment. The individual in this position is subject to all policies and procedures of the Flagler Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller’s Office.