Pay Grade 28 ($26,874 –$32,490)
Under the direction of the Manager of Courts; performs work of routine to moderate difficulty providing assistance to attorneys, defendants, and the general public in processing applicable case-related paperwork and support services in order to facilitate the proceedings of court according to the scheduled docket; performs related work as required.
Examples of Duties to Be Performed: (Note: The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.)
- Responsible for coordinating the case files and supporting documents that have been assigned.
- Handles specialized tasks within an assigned division including, but not limited to, conducting records searches, processing expungements, preparing files for appeals, and distributing docket sheets to appropriate parties.
- Reviews and processes a wide variety of legal documents in an automated work environment in accordance with Florida Statutes and other state, federal and local requirements.
- Organizes and processes a large volume of files in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains both a basic manual and automated file system.
- Accurately enters data into a specialized computer software application program.
- Provides assistance to staff and public as required.
- Responds to inquiries and searches files for requested information.
- Abides by all internal policies and work procedures.
- Assists in the jury selection process, including seating, orientation, and oath administration.
- General supervision is received from the assigned Senior Court Clerk, Court Specialist, and Courts Division Manager.
- Cover all types of high-volume, fast-paced courtrooms either independently or as a team.
- Serves as sole custodian for all tangible evidence submitted in court.
- Researches case information on the computer during court proceedings.
- Administers oaths to jurors and witnesses.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (Note: Additional knowledge, skills and abilities may be applicable for individual positions.
- Working skill in operating computer, applicable software and peripheral equipment. Some knowledge of image processing technology.
- Knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Working skill in verbal and/or written communication.
- Ability to apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to multi-task, and is detail-oriented, accurate and organized.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to speak fluent English.
Office Technology Culture: A general understanding and working knowledge of traditional business systems including Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook is strongly recommended. Embraces emerging technology enthusiastically and expresses the willingness to observe, learn and enhance existing electronic processes.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma and experience in general office work which includes maintaining files; providing customer service; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Physical Demands: (Note: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Walking, standing, or sitting for an extended period of time.
- Requires some stooping, lifting, kneeling, and bending.
- Intermittently twist to reach equipment or supplies surrounding desk.
- Perform simple grasping and fine manipulation.
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
Working Conditions: Performs duties in a standard office environment as well as in a courtroom setting, maintaining a pleasant atmosphere at all times.