In response to the public concern of the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and social distancing advisements from State of Florida Authorities, Flagler County Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller Tom Bexley announces changes to clerk-related services.
Clerk Office Closed to the Public, Remote Services Available
Effective Wednesday, April 1, 2020, the Clerk’s office is closed to the public except for essential services and any services that can be done online, by telephone, or by electronic means. This affects all those seeking walk-in services. The offices will remain closed except for essential services as identified by our Chief Judge’s Administrative Order until further notice. We thank you for your patience during this unprecedented COVID-19 situation and look forward to assisting you.
Remote services that are still available to the public include by visiting FlaglerClerk.com:
Mail traffic school completion certificates to 1769 E Moody Blvd, Bldg. 1, Bunnell, FL 32110
Note: You may also use the “Pay Near Me” service that allows you to generate a voucher that allows you to use your hand-held device or printed bar code to pay your traffic ticket in cash at all 7 Eleven, Family Dollar, & Ace Cash Express locations. For more information click on the Pay Near Me link for detailed instructions.
- Electronically record mortgages, deeds, and other official records (online, for repeat filers only, such as contractors, attorneys, title companies, closing agents, etc.)
- File court documents electronically (online)
- Electronically view court records, official records, and request certified copies (online)
- Check your jury status or request excusals and postponements (online or by phone)
- Electronically pay child support and alimony (online)
Clerk Drop Desk for Document Processing
We are offering a Clerk Drop Desk at the Flagler County courthouse (Kim C. Hammond Justice Center) for document processing. This drop point serves as a place where customers provide us with the documents that they need to be processed, such as Notice of Commencements. Be sure to include your complete contact information which includes your email address with the documents that are delivered to be processed. Once processed, we will return the documents to the customer by mail.
Keeping with social distancing advisements, a six-foot distance will be maintained between Clerk staff and customers. We ask that customers who use this option to please follow these steps:
- Customers will drop off their documents at the designated Clerk Drop Desk in the Flagler County courthouse (Kim C. Hammond Justice Center) location only.
- Please attach a cover letter that describes the matter of your business. Also, please provide us with your contact information: name, telephone number, email and mailing address for where documents should be returned to.
- Note in your letter if you need a certified copy of Notice of Commencement immediately. We will email you a copy of the certified document.
- If applicable, payments must be made by check, cashier’s check, or money order to Flagler County Clerk of Courts.
Please note, the Chief Judge of the 7th Judicial Circuit has ordered that “Any person, regardless of status, who is exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or any person who has knowingly been in contact with another person who is suffering from the effects of the COVID-19 virus, is prohibited from entering any court facility. Court Bailiffs and local Sheriff Deputies are hereby granted the authority to screen and eject persons from courtrooms, courthouses, or court facilities in accordance with this Administrative Order.”
Jury duty is suspended through April 17. Anyone called for jury duty during these dates SHOULD NOT report for duty.
Please note, the Clerk’s office will continue to mail out summons to avoid delay to future court processes once the suspension of all jury trials is lifted. Jurors summoned to report for future dates beyond April 17 should still proceed as directed. However, it’s possible that additional cancellations will occur. Updates will be shared on FlaglerClerk.com, the Flagler County Clerk Facebook page, and through notifications to the media.
All foreclosure sales are canceled until further notice. Please check back with the Clerk’s office in a few weeks for new sale dates.
Tax Deed Sales
All Tax Deed Sales are canceled until further notice. Please check back with the Clerk’s office in a few weeks for new sale dates.
Marriage license applications and ceremonies are suspended at this time. If you have already obtained a marriage license please be aware that the Clerk is not permitted to extend the expiration date of any marriage license or waive the fees to renew it. Remember, it is not necessary to wait for the Clerk to perform the marriage. Any qualified notary public in the state of Florida is authorized to perform marriage ceremonies.